Friends of Langrish School, aka FoLS - Who are we?
We are a very small group of parents who volunteer our time to raise money to enhance the school’s resources, support with the costs of trips and external groups to run workshops in the school.
Meet the team
Co-Chair: Sam Butterworth – Year 3 Mum
Co-Chair: Sam Gowans – Year 3 & Year 1 Mum
Treasurer: Clare Underwood - Year 1 Mum
Secretary: Lisa Lavan – Year R Mum
We have charity status and have a committee that are elected yearly at the Annual General Meeting. This is our second year and as such we are a relatively new committee, which is daunting but exciting; we are all enthusiastic and there is a real sense of being ‘in it together’!
What we funded in 2017…
With the support of our generous parents, FoLS was able to fund, amongst other things:
- Forest School resources for the whole school to use
- a Diwali Dance Workshop
- a very enjoyable Christmas pantomime ‘Aladdin’
- the licence for 'Alice in Wonderland' which meant that 87 budding actors from all year groups could take part in this Disney musical
- our new stage which has already been used for infant nativities, class assemblies and musicals
- a writing shed for Year R (including spiders!)
- new picnic tables to furnish the quiet area
- djembe drums to enhance our music lessons
- and match funding for the artist in residence, Lyndsey Southworth, who worked alongside the children to create our beautiful tree in the entrance foyer.
As ever, we will also provide the new Year Rs with their first school water bottle, presented during our new entrant picnic in the Summer Term.
2018 : What do we have planned?
The year so far has seen many of the small events that have traditionally run over the course of the terms such as the inter-house cake sale competition and our Spooktacular Halloween disco . And, there is still so much more to come!
Planning is underway for our Langrish Christmas Market and we have already funded two whole school workshops, one for WW1 theme day and the other ('The B Word'), an anti bullying production.
The children's Christmas cards have just arrived with some spectacular artwork on the front and our whole school T-towel is currently available to buy from the school office.
How can you get involved?
We are always looking for help and support, either on an ongoing or adhoc/event basis. If you think you might be able to contribute in any way, be it through hidden skills/talents, connections with talented people or local businesses, then please let us know.
We so appreciate all of your donations and support- we are aiming to beat the £7000 we raised last year! All of the money will benefit our school and our children so please help!
If you want to find out any more about FoLS then please contact Sam Butterworth or Sam Gowans on the following emails, grab us in the playground or alternatively leave us a note in the orange FoLS box file in the school reception.
Sam Butterworth – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sam Gowans – email@example.com