Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in Years 1 to 6. Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that we should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that our school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Our overall aim is to ensure all our children are physically and mentally fit in order to promote healthy lifestyles and resilience for life.
To do this, we aim to:
- provide our children with high quality, specialist teaching that moves their learning forward
- educate our children about healthy lifestyles for life
- enable current class teachers to gain good, practical CPD
- ensure as a school, we are informed of all current good practice
- enable more children to access a wider variety of sports so that all of our children may find a sport that engages them for life
- inspire children to excel by providing access to good sporting role models
- involve older children in sports leadership
For the period 2017 - 2018, Langrish pupils will benefit from an allocation of approximately £17,800.
Please click on the document below for more details of how we are planning to utilise this funding.
For further evidence of the impact of the spend of this funding, please navigate to the 'News and Calendar' pages to read the newsletters and see photos of events. The 'Classes' pages also include details of curriculum coverage and link to the 'Learning to Lead' initiative.