Using the Home Learning Materials
19th October: (unit attached below)
• Each resource contains an overarching weekly theme and all the activities relate to this.
• There will be a new theme each week, but activities can be carried over from one week to the next.
• There is no time limit to the activities, and they may take more than one week.
• All the activities can be adapted for different age groups, even though age recommendations are given.
How to use
• Read the instructions carefully before you start an activity.
• Parents or carers may have to help with resourcing the activities, but children can mostly work independently.
• Each activity has ideas and question prompts to consider.
• The activities are all planned with limited resources in mind.
How can parents, carers and siblings help?
• Select the activities that most interest your child.
• Read the activities aloud with your child and discuss how they could be adapted
• Help your child select the appropriate activities and talk through the safety aspects of each task.
• Adapt any of the resources and materials as you feel necessary to support your child's needs.